Protection of privacy
Update May 25, 2018
The new General Data Protection Regulation (known as RGPD), which aims to simplify and harmonize personal data legislation within the European Union, came into force this May 25, 2018.
1. Responsible and contact
2. Collection of your personal information
Whenever you provide personal information via the Archos website, we will inform you of the use we will make of it. In all cases, your information will remain confidential. The type of personal information we will collect depends on your use of the Archos website.
Commercial or customer support data
When placing an order or handling a request to our after-sales support, we ask you to register in our user database. In this context we collect and store information such as your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address. This information is necessary for the proper processing of your order, delivery, billing and follow-up of your support requests.
Cookies are text files, often encrypted, stored in your browser. They are created when a user’s browser loads a given website: the site sends information to the browser, which then creates a text file. Each time the user returns to the same site, the browser retrieves this file and sends it to the website server.
We use three types of cookies, which have different purposes:
– Technical cookies are used throughout your browsing experience to facilitate and perform certain functions. For example, a technical cookie may be used to remember the answers you provide in a form or your preferences for language or site layout.
– Web analytics cookies are used throughout your browsing experience to allow us to anonymously track your browsing experience in aggregate. We use the services of the audience measurement tool Google Analytics. To find out the rules followed by Google regarding the management of these cookies, we invite you to visit the Google page dedicated to this.
– Advertising cookies may be created not only by our website, but also by other sites that display advertisements, announcements, widgets or other elements on the page displayed. These cookies are used to offer you advertising content, including targeted advertising, i.e. advertising determined according to your navigation.
We remind you that you can prevent the deposit of cookies by configuring your browser. However, such refusal could prevent the proper functioning of the Site. Cookie settings are different for each browser and are usually described in the help menus.
3. How we use your personal information (purpose)
The personal information you provide to Archos when registering and purchasing our products on our website is only used for processing your orders, delivery, billing, customer support and to respond to your requests. We also offer you the possibility to register to receive our product information and commercial offers, but this is not mandatory and only users who have accepted to receive our offers will be concerned. Cookies” are used to improve the presentation of our site and our offers, navigation on the site and the return of more relevant information. Archos will only send you emails if you have chosen to receive them or if they are in response to your questions or in connection with the processing of support requests or the handling of your orders. If we wish to use your information for purposes other than those set out above, we will not do so without your express prior consent.
4. Disclosure of your information
The information collected is strictly confidential and the Personal Data is communicated only for the purpose for which it is collected, in accordance with this Policy. Archos will not disclose, sell, distribute, rent, share or transmit your information to third parties other than those who have a contract with ARCHOS that requires such transmission, and only in connection with the provision by Archos of the services set forth above (such as order processing, delivery of ordered products or handling of after-sales support requests). Where applicable, these service providers are subject to the same restrictions and rules of confidentiality and protection of personal data as set out above. We may be legally obliged to disclose your Personal Data to the relevant authorities under the applicable legislative framework.
5. Security of your information
We undertake to take all useful precautions, organizational measures and appropriate techniques in order to guarantee a level of security adapted to the risk, implying in particular the implementation of means intended to preserve the security, integrity and confidentiality of your Personal Data and in particular, to prevent them from being deformed, damaged or accessed by unauthorized third parties.
6. How to access, correct or update your information
You will always have access to the information you have provided to us for correction. Deletion: You may request that we delete the personal information provided to create your account by sending an email to email@example.com. You can also inform us at any time that you no longer wish to receive commercial communications from us by using the “unsubscribe” field on the emails sent or by unchecking the relevant box on your user account.
7. Duration of data retention
The personal data that you entrust to us are kept :
– For a period not exceeding the legal duration for the data necessary for the proper conduct of the commercial relationship (orders, deliveries, billing)
– For a maximum period of 3 years from the last consultation for your account data (customer account or support account)
– As long as you have not requested us to unsubscribe for those who have requested to receive our promotional information.
8. Children and privacy
The safety of children is very important to us. We ask that children under the age of 16 be accompanied by a guardian or their parents when registering on our website. It is the responsibility of parents to monitor their children’s use of the Internet. In order to limit the scope of personal information collection we do not ask for the age or date of birth of users who create an account.
9. What else do you need to know about privacy
Remember to close your browser when you have finished your user session. This is to ensure that others cannot access your personal information and correspondence if you share a computer with someone else or use a computer in a public place such as a library or Internet café.
As an individual you are responsible for the security and access to your computer. Please be aware that when you voluntarily give out your personal data on the Internet (e.g. in discussion forums, by email or on chat sites) these can be used by third parties. In short, if you leave your information freely available, you may receive unsolicited messages.
10. Your agreement
11. Exercising your rights
Under the conditions and within the limits set by the applicable law, you have the following rights with respect to the personal data we collect and use as described above:
– request access to your Personal Information;
– ask us to rectify or delete them;
– to request the limitation of the processing of which you are the subject;
– object to the processing;
– obtain the communication of your Personal Data in a structured and standard format;
– Withdraw your consent at any time, when it constitutes the legal basis for the processing, without affecting the lawfulness of the processing based on your consent and carried out before the withdrawal of your consent;
– to define directives relating to the fate of your Personal Data following your death;
– file a complaint with a supervisory authority.
These rights can be exercised at any time and without charge by sending an e-mail to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your request must include your first and last name, customer number (if applicable), address and a copy of an identification document (driver’s license, passport, ID card) so that we can identify you and the nature of the request(s) you are making in this context. You will also need to specify the e-mail address to which you would like to receive the reply.
We remind you that you also have the possibility to access, modify and delete some of your Personal Data by connecting directly to your customer account.
12. Links to third party websites
Please note that this site may contain links to third party websites and although we select our partners, we cannot fully control the content of their site. As such, we cannot be held responsible for their privacy practices. We invite you in this context to refer to their own rules generally available on their websites.